Want to work as a professional welder? You'll be glad to know that FTIC has job openings in our welding department.
Speak with a member of our team about working in our welding department by calling us at 765-676-4800.
When it comes to welding work, we employ the following process:
- Preparation and Fit-Up: Before welding, sheet metal components are prepared by cleaning them to remove contaminants and ensuring proper alignment and fit-up of the parts to be joined, ensuring a precise and secure connection.
- Welding Technique Selection: Skilled welders or automated systems choose the appropriate welding technique based on the material, thickness and specific requirements of the car components, with common methods including MIG (Metal Inert Gas) welding, TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding and spot welding.
- Welding Execution: The welding process begins, with the welder or automated system carefully applying heat to fuse the sheet metal components together, creating a strong and durable joint.
- Quality Inspection: After welding, thorough quality inspections are conducted to assess the weld's integrity, checking for defects such as cracks, porosity or insufficient penetration, ensuring that the welded components meet stringent safety and quality standards.
- Post-Welding Operations: Depending on the design and manufacturing requirements, post-welding operations such as grinding, polishing or stress relieving may be performed to improve the appearance and mechanical properties of the welded joints.
Contact us today to apply for a position in our welding department.